Growing Chefs! Chefs for Children’s Urban Agriculture is a non-profit society, based in Vancouver, B.C. Our mission is to educate children, families, and community members about healthy eating and healthy food systems.
Growing Chefs! has been a registered non-profit society since September 15, 2005.
A world with healthy, sustainable food practices.
To teach healthy, sustainable food practices.
Growing Chefs' mission is to teach children, families, and the community about healthy food and healthy food systems.
Growing Chefs' mission is to educate children, families, and community members about healthy eating and healthy food systems by providing programs, seminars, and workshops
- Put chef volunteers into elementary schools to teach kids about growing and cooking their food.
- Support and encourage the development and growth of urban agriculture.
- Provide an avenue for chefs and growers to engage in the community and to support food sustainability.
- Provide children with hands-on experience growing and cooking their own food.
- Inspire children with the idea that they can grow their own food, even in the city.
Sustainability. We are committed to championing sustainable food systems and food practices that benefit the health of our shared environment.
Positive Change. We are committed to realizing positive change within the food community, and to educating the greater community on the benefits of healthy, sustainable food systems.
Local Focus. We support and value local food practices, local farmers, and local food production.
Collaboration. We engage chef, educators, growers, children, community groups, and families to work together to support food sustainability.
Better Health. We encourage healther eating and healthier food practices.
Respect, Participatory Democracy, and Inclusion. We are committed to treating everyone with integrity, fairness, and honesty. We acknowledge the uniqueness of each individual, their skills, beliefs, opinions, and voice.
Trust. We aim to ensure honesty, transparency, responsibility, and accountability in all our work, and are committed to building an organizational culture based on these values.